8/05/2015

Best & Worst Ways Of Applying Foundation

Hey!
So I've been thinking. A lot of people use a lot of different methods to apply their foundation. But we all have trouble choosing the right one. That's why I decided to write this blog to help you find the best way for you.



When I say  Makeup Sponge I mean one of those big square white ones you cut in a few triangles and then use to blend your foundation and/or concealer in.

I used to this too but there is a reason The Beauty Blender now rules the world. But it isn't the best choice neither. 
Here is why this method sucks. 
Reason one, it drinks up more than a half of your liquid foundation. I know this because once when I forgot my concealers and foundations at home and only brought my sponge with me I used it to cover up some imperfections. True story. Reason two, it leaves ugly strokes and you get that cake-like look witch no one wants. And it leaves little pieces of the sponge on your face. For the third reason -  it doesn't last long. 
I'd rate this method of blending your foundation with a:

You saw that coming. Benefits are that you can buy it anywhere and it is very cheap.


We learned all about these brushes in one of my past posts, witch you can check out by clicking this link.
A flat kabuki is what I've recently been using for my foundation. It works  pretty well and I really like it. The thing is that you need to chose the right brush that won't drink up too much foundation. I bought mine on Amazon.com some time ago and it works pretty well. If you want to buy a high-end brushes you can check out  Sigma Brushes  or/and  Morphe Brushes.
For this technique all you do is take some foundation on your pointer finger and make dots on your cheeks, chin, forehead, nose and sides of your face. Now you just take your brush and blend everything in. This method works the best for me but everyone is different, so I'll just rate it based on my opinion and experience.
It is true that a brush can drink up some of the foundation but if you buy a really good quality one that most likely won't happen.



I've also seen a few people use this technique and I personally didn't try it but I know some people who have. What you do is take your long haired brush and apply your foundation right on top of it. On the brush. And then you take it and blend it into your skin.

This is not that bad of a way but it sure does make you look a little cakey. I'm not sure if the brush drinks up the foundation but it may. So what you do is technically paint your face.

I think the score needs no explanation.

This one is kind of a mix-of two techniques above but I still wanted to include it. 
Once again, you take your kabuki (flat) and take your foundation and put it on your hand. You sure did see someone do this before. Take some of that foundation, not too much, and start touching or "dotting" your face with it. You can also blend, I think it would give it a more natural look. 
Just keep doing it until your face is covered and there's no foundation left on your hand. This is a pretty good one, only you loose some of the product along the way (don't you always?)
I would rate this:

It is a pretty good technique but loosing the product is never good, sorry.

What do you think? How did you bend in your foundation and how will you from now on? And, most important, do you think any of these are good or you think using the good old fingers is the best? Let me know in the comments below. Also remember to join this blog and follow me on Bloglovin', and SHARE this post by clicking on the widgets next to this post. Stay well!

1 коментар:

  1. Thank you for sharing this review. Following the much hype of beauty blender sponge, I also happen to purchase one. You are right it sucks lot of foundation and leaves tiny sponge pieces on face. I will try kaboke brush this time.

    ОдговориИзбриши

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stay Conected

Subscribe to Breakfast At Mia's and never skip another fun post!